Wednesday, October 4, 2006

about running

well i didn't do the philadelphia distance run half marathon two weeks ago. i was nursing a pretty bad foot sprain at the time that took about 3 weeks to clear up. i definitely trained too hard too fast. then i had a cold that kept me down for a week. it sucked; at my peak condition, i was running 9 miles outside. there's always next year.

i was able to do the parkway run 5k on 9/24 though. i placed #425 with a little over 27 minutes. wasn't my best where i got a slow start with the crowd and i ran out of gas in the final 1/2 mile. it's amazing how quickly i lose my conditioning. that was for the children though.

if you remember from last year's parkway run:



this was the same 5k that took away 4 months of my life last year. and i avenged myself and i felt a burden lifted off my shoulders.

right now i'm getting ready for the marathon relay in november. there's a team at work i volunteered to either do the 4 mile segment or the 6 mile segment, depending on who we can get.

to tune up for the marathon relay, i'll be doing the dash for democracy 5k on november 4th. that should be fun.

No comments: